We would like to thank all of our friends, sponsors, host & finance committee members and honorees for their generous support of our awards reception!
The Women's Political Caucus of New Jersey hosted its Annual Passion * Power * Progress Awards ceremony on Thursday, January 15, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick. The spirited event was a great success, honoring those whose leadership, civic involvement, and professional efforts have helped make New Jersey a better place for women.
This year, WPCNJ was proud to present the following awards to:
- Chairwoman Peg Schaffer, Esq. received the Barbara Boggs Sigmund Award presented by Senator Loretta Weinberg.
- Commissioner Mary O'Dowd received the Carol Murphy Award presented by Elizabeth Ryan, Esq.
- Paulette Brown, Esq. received the Mary Philbrook Award presented by the Honorable Jeannine LaRue.
- Honorable Cory Booker received the Good Guy Award presented to Brendan Gill, Essex Co. Freeholder in his absence by Congresswoman Bonnie Watson-Coleman.
- William Palatucci, Esq. received the Good Guy Award presented by Assemblywoman Caroline Casagrande.
- NJBIA received the Corporate Award presented to Michelle Siekerka by the Honorable Jeanne Fox, Esq.
- Gilda Morales received the President's Award presented by the Honorable Chrissy Buteas.
The evening's Mistress of Ceremony was the Honorable Jeannine LaRue and were pleased to be joined by the following elected state & federal officials: Senator Linda Greenstein, Congressman Frank Pallone, Assemblywomam Spencer, Assemblywoman Stender, Assemblywoman Pintor Marin, Assemblywoman Pinkin, Assemblyman Danielsen, Assemblywoman Sumter, and Assemblyman Wisniewski.
Thank you to lawmakers that presented joint legislative resolutions: Senators Allen, Addiego, Beck, Weinberg, Greenstein, Asw. Huttle, Asm. Johnson, Asm. Danielsen, Asw. Stender, Asm. DeAngelo and Asm. Benson.
Special thanks to our volunteers, Ana Patwell, Toni Gingerelli, Danielle Spero, Nina Campos and Larissa Szilagyi.