Thank you to all who attended the Women’s Political Caucus of NJ held a networking breakfast on April 14!
Press from the PolitickerNJ:
TRENTON – State House room 103 was abuzz with activity on Thursday morning as politically-minded women from throughout New Jersey gathered for a networking breakfast. The event was hosted by the Women’s Political Caucus of New Jersey (WPCNJ).
The event was attended by the likes of Jeannine LaRue of the Kaufman Zita Group, Montclair University President Susan Cole, Assemblywoman Angela McKnight, and Chief of Staff to Congressman Frank Pallone Janice Capbell Fuller, among many others.
At the event, WPCNJ Vice President of Membership Grace Strom Power said a few word thanking the elected officials and board members for attendance.
Other notable attendees included:
- Hanifa Barnes, Office of Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman
- Bordentown Township Mayor Jill Popko.
- President of League of Women Voters NJ Nancy Hedinger
- Councilwoman Ayesha Hamilton, West Windsor
- Councilwoman Pamela Renee, Neptune City
- Councilwoman Jennifer Keyes-Maloney, Ewing
- Councilwoman Elsie Foster-Dublin, Highland Park
- Lorna Philipson, 4th District Congressional Candidate
- Eileen Thornton, Hamilton Democratic Club President and WPCNJ Board Member
For pictures from the event, visit our FB page at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1167203680021218.1073741842.134594769948786&type=3
The Women's Political Caucus of New Jersey is seeking nominations for At Large Seats on the WPCNJ Board.
* Submit your nomination by April 12, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Board Nomination".
* Include your name, contact information, current occupation and name of person submitting nomination
(if you are nominating someone else).
* Briefly explain why you are interested in serving on the WPCNJ Board of Directors and your commitment to WPCNJ's mission to increase women's participation in politics in New Jersey.
* Please indicate whether you have previously served on the WPCNJ Board, a WPCNJ Committee, or if you have been involved with any similar women's organizations.
* Include any other relevant information you believe would be helpful, including political experience or other relevant skills to the Board's work (e.g., communications, fundraising or event planning, and education and training).
* Only current members who have paid their 2016 dues will be eligible for nomination to the WPCNJ Board of Directors.
Women's Political Caucus of NJ
2016 Passion * Power * Progress
January 21, 2016
Hyatt Regency, New Brunswick, NJ
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Women's Political Caucus of NJ
2016 Passion * Power * Progress
Social Justice Award Honoree
LUPE Fund, Inc.
Jarrod C. Grasso
Chief Executive Officer, New Jersey REALTORS®
As chief executive officer, Jarrod Grasso directs NJ REALTORS® in its mission to serve the professional needs of its members, develop programs and services to enhance the ability to conduct business successfully and ethically, and to serve as an advocate for private property rights and the real estate industry. Additionally, he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Association and works with the NJ REALTORS® leadership team and board of directors. Grasso served as a National Association of REALTORS® Director and member of the Strategic Planning Committee in 2012.
Assemblywoman Holly Schepisi
Legislative District 39
Holly Schepisi was first elected to the New Jersey General Assembly in November 2011 representing the 39th Legislative District. A strong advocate for the residents of her district and the state, Assemblywoman Schepisi is the leading proponent for local issues such as efforts to retain businesses, finding remedies for the disproportionate funding issues, providing solutions to flooding, or as the loyal opposition to attempts at increasing taxes on Bergen and Passaic Counties. She has continued to work to strengthen the rights of crime victims, provide mandatory treatment for non-violent drug offenders, enhance transparency in medical billing, protect drinking water from drug contamination, and deny bail to dangerous offenders.
John F.X. Graham
Founder, Fairview Insurance Agency Associates, Inc.
As the founder of Fairview Insurance Agency Associates, Inc., John F.X. Graham possesses nearly 40 years of experience in the insurance industry and currently serves as Chairman and CEO. His daily responsibilities include business development and general management of operations at the agency, overseeing a staff of over 25 employees spread across Sales and Marketing, Financial, Claims, and Customer Service divisions.
Outside of Fairview, John has been an active community leader over the past several decades, assuming responsibilities as an educator, coach, and political leader while serving on advisory boards in a variety of industries. He is nationally recognized for his political acumen and is often called upon for support due to his deep understanding of public policy issues. Throughout his distinguished tenure as Fairview's Chief Executive, John has consistently demonstrated a commitment to deliver the services of a national-caliber firm with a Main Street personality.
His academic background includes a B.S. in Management from LaSalle University, an M.A. in Education from Temple University and an Honorary Doctorate of Law from the Rabbinical College of America.
Rebecca Moll Freed, Esq.
Partner, Genova Burns LLC
Partner at Genova Burns LLC, Ms. Freed is Director of the Corporate Political Activity Law and Non-Profit and Tax Exempt Organizations Practice Groups.
Ms. Freed advises corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, trade associations, charitable organizations, social welfare organizations and political action committees on the legal aspects of their political activities. She also has extensive experience in procurement law, assisting clients in the preparation of RFPs and RFQs and representing clients in bid protest disputes. Ms. Freed routinely provides training and counseling to companies, in-house counsel and corporate ethics and compliance officers who seek to maximize government contracting opportunities while assuring compliance with the law.